H.E John Mruttu (fourth right),H.E Mary Ndiga deputy governor Taita Taveta (second right with other members of county government during last Year interfaith concert at Moi stadium -Voi
An aircraft flying over Maktau during 2015 First flight celebrations
wreaths at Taveta Commonwealth War Grave Cemetery during WW1 Commemorations
War Grave Cemetery at Voi in Taita Taveta, Kenya.
Taita Taveta County Woman Representative Hon.Joyce Lay(red top) Laying wreths at Taveta Commonwealth War Grave Cemetery
CEC Tourism,Trade, Industry & Community Affairs, Hon.Stephen Masamo Laying Wreths at Taveta CWGC during WW1 Commemorations
- The Country’s role and sacrifice during the First World War is remembered.
- To ensure that our country also participates in the World wide First War Centenary commemorations, the biggest historical event to date, in the 21st century.
- Explore how to develop as tourists/visitors attractions/products, the county’s First World War battlefields and other memorials.
- Renew and strengther our county’s and nation’s bilateral relationships with Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Germany and other countries with which our country participated with during the First World War.
- Portray country’s continuing support and commitment to international cooperation, peace and global security.
- Develop an understanding of the county’s role in the war by telling and preserving stories, artifacts, pictures, movies about Taita Taveta and Kenyan’s war experiences at home and abroad.
Share with friends