Former Taveta Police Station

Now on its last legs and desperately in need of restoration

It was from this building that one of the first shots of the land campaign were fired on the 15th August 1914 signaling the start of the East African Campaign. It became a German Field Hospital and later used by General Smuts as a temporary HQ.taveta police station2 taveta police station taveta police station3


  Share with friendsfacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail