Fort Mzima

fort mzimaFort Mzima the third of the line of communication forts built on a knoll overlooking a bend in the Tsavo River up stream to the confluence of the springs in Tsavo West National Park. Building began on 21st September 1914 whilst under attack by the Germans. Extensive improvements were continually made by the different units that occupied the site, until abandoned in April 1916. Impressive trench parapets and barbed wire entanglements are still in place. Relatively easy to approach following a game trail 75 meters off the road through low bush to the central area.. Buffalo and hippo like the area


  Share with friendsfacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail