A Church Missionary Society mission post established in 1890 just outside Taveta. In August 1914 the low lava cinder hilloch, one of three, with the Mission Church Hall was quickly occupied by the Germans and subsequently fortified by them and became Eastern Command Military HQ. The area to the west became a substantial camp for the Schutztruppe reserve troops Several well preserved trenches can still be seen here. The church on the hill dates from 1925.
Download Mahoo and Taveta Chronicles
Share with friends